Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Summer of '09

Demolition Derbies ROCK!
















The Demolition Derby at the Utah County Fair, Spanish Fork. August 15th
These are pictures of the same crashes, one is mine (the up close ones cause we had front row ground seats) the other pictures are courtesy of a friend up in the stands (where we were suppose to sit).
See this year they numbered the seats, due to fire codes. The tickets they gave us we for seats that didn't exist. We were suppose to be in section I row 9 seats 28-38. Well, section I seats were numbered 1-27, the seats 28 &29 were on the stairway. The section was cut off and started back up again at seat 39. So none of us had proper seats, we were standing room only. Because of this mess up, they sent us down to the special seating area. Which was ground level front and center. It was awesome!
Being there kinda made me want to compete in these things, maybe if I can get Spencer to move to Utah, he'll help me build a car to enter into ext years, we'll see.





















I've been working in my class a few days this summer, getting it ready for the upcoming school year. I've had meetings since the beginning of August, so Summer kinda ended then for me.






My Classroom's before pictures







My Classroom's after pictures,
although it's still a work in progress.
In 1 week I'm hoping to have a little more on the walls, courtesy of my students.

















Drew's drive to Sante Fe. Oldest church, built in 1610.

This was the kind of stuff I wanted to do while there, but plans were changed last minute on me both weekends I went out to visit. Because my trips were cut short, both times I went out, we didn't have time to do anything fun. The one day we tried, it was raining, so again things got canceled. Someday, someday (maybe). At least he took some pictures for me. I did get some pictures of playing in the Rio Grande and the Temple, but other than that, we wet to a mall and out to eat. Drew worked most of the time I was there.




Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince premier
July 15th

1 comment:

Chad and Nicole said...

Still jealous of the car thing! And I think that your classroom looks great! Good luck!