Monday, November 10, 2008

Out of the Ordinary

I usually don't like to sit and write every little thought or thing that comes up, but being stuck in Woodland Hills taking care of my mom all by myself makes me bored. When I'm bored I do things out of the ordinary.

Field:
This semester's field has been going great! I have an awesome teacher who's in an awesome team. I know I am going to have tons of support from them during student teaching. My teacher is ofter disorganized and I love it! It lets me see that not being on top of things is common and it's OK! I have been able to get both of my PE lessons taught in the last couple of days because of this uncertainty on "what's happening for PE today?" This question is asked every Monday since the first day of school, and they always figure out what to do during lunch. Since it was raining today they decided to stay inside the gym, but didn't want the kids playing dodge ball (last week's game was out of control!). They suggested dancing, like the electric slide, but none of them knew it well enough, or had music for it. I then realized I had my Cha-Cha Slide CD in the car still from class and they asked me to teach it today. Good thing I had practice (and I must say it went much better without all the interruptions from you-know-who).
I've been teaching literacy (comprehension strategies) everyday since the first day I arrived. So. those are done too! The only thing I fear is the Math lessons. And, I still don't know which 3 kids I'm using for Management. Other that those 2 things it's been going awesome. Plus I get to talk with Angie and Kerri everyday during lunch. How's everyone else's going?

Home:
I haven't slept in my bed for the last 3 days and it sucks! My mom just had surgery and my dad had to go out of town, so you guessed it, I had to come play nurse and mom this weekend. I'm glad Drew came up at least one of the nights and stayed with me (thanks love). It's so boring here, but at least I have internet. Which brings me to my last little bit, we lost our cable and internet this weekend. Drew was at home Friday night and turned on the computer only to find we didn't have service. Then he tried the TV and nothing was on. The people upstairs said they were getting rid of the cable, but we still had regular channels and internet for a couple of weeks after that, now there's nothing. So, sorry if I don't respond to emails quickly, I've lost that ability.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sometimes works. i dont know whos it is but on occasion the computer at our home will connect

Kirstin said...

Sweet deal!

Anonymous said...

not sweet deal cause, that still leaves me nothing to do after work.